Make all of your student events, from Homecoming week to Prom more memorable with unique photo ops! Photo ops are an easy way to let your students have tons of fun no matter what the event. Check out these nine unique photo op ideas for your next high school event.
1. Superhero Photo Op
• Accessories: Masks, capes, and Superhero Photo Props
• Music: “Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down; “In the Garage” by Weezer
• Cool Idea: Have someone pose as the villain!
2. Shark Photo Op
• Accessories: Life jackets, life preservers, floaties
• Music: Theme from Jaws by John Williams Orchestra; “Maneater” by Hall & Oates
• Cool Idea: This photo op is a great idea for any high school with a shark mascot!
3. Rollercoaster Photo Op
• Accessories: Assorted Photo Props, sunglasses, scared faces
• Music: “Rollercoaster” by B*Witched; “Roller Coaster” by Justin Bieber
• Cool Idea: Goes great with a circus theme
4. Gatsby Photo Op
• Accessories: Roaring 20s Photo Props, feather boas, top hats, beads, smart phones
• Music: “Ain’t Misbehavin” by Louis Armstrong; “Charleston” by Paul Whiteman
• Cool Idea: Goes great with a ballroom theme
5. Life Boat Photo Op
• Accessories: Fake fish, life preservers, oars, Sea Photo Props, floaties
• Music: “Lost At Sea” by Never Shout Never; “Message in A Bottle” by The Police
• Cool Idea: This photo op is a great idea for any school with a clipper, laker or fish mascot
6. Paris Photo Op
• Accessories: Paris Photo Props Kit, berets, funny foods (croissants or French fries)
• Music: Moulin Rouge soundtrack; “Paris (Ooh La La)” by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
7. Mermaid Photo Op
• Accessories: Stuffed animals (dolphins, whales, fish), gold coins, Sea Photo Props
• Music: “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid; “Orinoco Flow” by Enya
• Cool idea: Goes great with an underwater wonderland theme
9. Man in the Moon Photo Op
• Accessories: Sunglasses, pillows, telescope, aliens, Assorted Photo Props
• Music: “Moondance” by Vance Morrison; “Cosmic Love” by Florence + the Machine Let us know about your school’s photo op ideas!
Bonus tip: create a special hashtag for your event (#JeffersonProm) and share it with students (via social media, posters or have the MC announce it) so everyone can share their selfie station photos on social media.